CAS Curation Program
CAS Curation during COVID-19
I hope you, your families and your businesses are all fairing well during these strange and uncertain times.
Here are is some information about submitting collections to CAS during COVID-19:
- Curation Program is still operating and we are continuing to accept and curate collections.
- We are working remotely as much as possible, though I (Amy) am able to continue coming into CAS to check on our facility, the collections and to receive new collection submissions.
- Records-only collections can be mailed in to our normal address:
Center for Archaeological Studies
Texas State University
Trinity Bldg. Rm 120
601 University Dr
San Marcos TX 78666
- Please continue to get tracking numbers for your mailed-in collections and let us know when to expect your packages.
- Since there could be delays in the receipt process due to slower than usual mail services, please feel free to share the electronic records with us via file share or as email attachments so that we can get started before the hard copies arrive.
- Let us know if you have quickly approaching permit or billing deadlines.
- If you have artifact collections to submit, we can schedule a contactless delivery. You will be able to drive right up to the front door of our building and I, wearing clean gloves and a face mask, will take the boxes from your backseat or trunk and carry them inside.
Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help and do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Also, please forward this invitation link to any of your colleagues that might want to receive updates for our Curation Program: https://email@example.com/groupsubscription.ashx?action=join&guid=4548dd26-44b8-4858-a4a3-7e58f4d187cc
Amy E. Reid
Curator-Center for Archaeological Studies
Lecturer-Department of Anthropology
Texas State University
Phone: (512) 245-2724
The Center for Archaeological Studies is certified by the Texas Historical Commission as a repository for archaeological records and collections held-in-trust for the Texas Historical Commission. Our facility meets or exceeds the standards outlined in 36 CFR 79, 32 CFR 229, EP 1130-2-540, and other Federal regulations that address the curation of materials from Federal lands and projects.
Please contact CAS's curatorial staff at (512) 245-2724 to set up an appointment to visit and/or access our collections for research, to ask questions about submitting collections, and/or to discuss costs. The links below outline CAS's policies, standards, and procedures and also includes all forms in .pdf format.